POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV ignoring my code! : Re: POV ignoring my code! Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV ignoring my code!
From: Shay
Date: 1 Oct 2002 18:03:21
Message: <3d9a1ba9$1@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message news:chrishuff-

> There aren't any vector operations that use radians. The vrotate() and
> vaxis_rotate() functions use degrees, none of the others use any kind of
> angle unit. Are you thinking of the trig functions?
> People usually think of angles in real-world measurements in terms of
> degrees, but trig usually uses radians. The inconsistency isn't usually
> a problem...geometric problems use degrees, math stuff uses radians. It
> is more efficient than using degrees for everything, because the C math
> library uses radians, and more convenient than using radians.

It's pretty obvious that my programming vocabulary just wasn't sufficient
for that question! Yes, I was talking about the trig functions. Good guess.
I understand the reasons you posted, but I find the extra steps when using
both trig and rotate functions to be unattractive. I guess if my trig were a
little better, I could eliminate the use of rotate and effectively rotate
vertices with translate. Is there anything like a radrotate() function coded
internally into Pov-Ray?

 -Shay